Wrapping text in the Student View of the Learning Mastery Gradebook?

0 Likes

The student view of the Learning Mastery Gradebook does not wrap text.  Instead it just cuts off if a line is too long.  The result is that my students cannot see their overall score on an individual outcome.  Can we please fix this so students can see their progress?

Here are some examples, notice the score cut off on the right:

A learning mastery1.JPGA learning mastery.JPG

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@spozernick 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Before we consider it for broader conversation, can you confirm that you have already asked Canvas Support to investigate this? If you have, please provide the case number—and if you haven't, please initiate a case so our engineers can have a look.

spozernick
Community Member

Where do I initiate a case?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@spozernick 

Instructors initiate cases through the Help menu in the global navigation, as detailed in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?; your organization may have customized the support options available on the menu, so please use the pathway to support recommended by your school to get the eyes of Canvas Support on the issue.

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@spozernick 

What were the results of your interaction with Canvas Support?

spozernick
Community Member

I received the following response:

Hi Saralyn!

"Thanks for contacting Canvas Support! We are sorry to hear that your students are having trouble seeing the Learning Mastery Gradebook. It's looking like the scores don't scale to the window size well. Students can still see the score if they click on the down arrow beside the assignment name to see the points they received.
I will be sending your case up to our next level of support so they can look into this further. These engineers will then reach out to you with more information. Thank you!

Tricia
L1 Canvas Support"

I guess I may or may not see resolution.  The students can see individual assignment scores in the Learning Mastery Gradebook but they cannot see a total score so they cannot determine by themselves if they are making sufficient progress.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived