accept course invites in mobile app

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be very nice if the ability to accept course invitations was available in the mobile app.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14089-canvas-student-release-notes-ios-320 .

46 Comments
kristin_bayless
Community Contributor

@Renee_Carney ‌ - I'm wondering if you could change the dates in the black banner directly under this idea to reflect the new voting period?  I'm passing this along to our staff since this is one of our most requested features and am concerned they won't vote after seeing the old dates. It was only by reading down through the comments in this thread to get updates that I saw your post with the extended voting period.  Thanks!

geraint_draheim
Community Novice

@Renee_Carney ‌ - as per  @kristin_bayless ‌'s comment above, the dates are confusing. Can you please confirm that this idea is still open for voting? Smiley Happy

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

Yes, you can still vote for this item. So please do so. 

Also, please leave your school's use/case study for why you would like (or do not want) this Idea to be put into place.

kiran_mohan
Community Explorer

This is a great idea and would avoid the confusions for users (especially students) not being able to see the course in the App as they do not realise the invitation needs to accept in the desktop version. Would minimise support dependency too. 

mratzel
Community Novice

This is especially needed if I'm to use Canvas for an after school club.

Cirrus
Community Participant

Yes please! We used Canvas (first semester/during adoption) for a study students could opt in/opt out of about their transition to college. It was really confusing to them to open the app and not see the course. They'd been invited, rather than added, to give them the option to decline. 

smurphy1
Community Novice

This would be great. It would sure help us 1-1 iPad schools!

rseilham
Community Champion

Please, please, make this happen!

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

While our older students have laptops, our younger students (elementary and middle school), have iPads.  Canvas, please fix this for our younger students.   There are a *lot* of challenges with the mobile app -- this one seems like an easy one to fix.  Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Everyone! I cannot believe that this request was made initially in June of 2015! Wow. I hope you saw the Canvas Student Release Notes (iOS 6.0)‌! It's exciting to see this request included.:smileygrin: