accept course invites in mobile app

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be very nice if the ability to accept course invitations was available in the mobile app.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14089-canvas-student-release-notes-ios-320 .

46 Comments
rseilham
Community Champion

Good point. I guess the point I was making was immediately slapping a Panda-Cat on an idea and hoping that it "might" still be under consideration in the future lacks the transparency most users would like. I'd rather have a yes, no, or not right now from the product teams (at least with ideas that gained considerable support) With that, I respect that there needs to be a process, or the product teams would be dealing was a ton of ideas that could remain in flux forever, which could cause more confusion.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

That is the balance we are looking for, Ryan.  Being transparent and responsive to the user community is one goal - its a great one.  Another, and I'd personally argue is the greater goal, is to use community crowd sourcing to collect many good ideas and then identify which of them are the very best ideas.  And then get that information to our product managers and engineers in as efficient a manner as possible.  Mobile use cases are a breed apart and our process is evolving but I'm also confident that we are getting the best ideas in front of the right people most of the time.  Smiley Happy  More to follow.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Something else I was thinking of, our amazing product team just opened up in a CanvasLIVE​ webinar where they talk about some of these tough decisions and the process overall.  Check it out!  Community Meet Product Teams; Product Teams Meet the Community

The recording is not up yet, but follow the event link to be notified when it is!

rseilham
Community Champion

Thanks Scott. As always I appreciate your candid response.

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

A similar idea to this one has been opened by 19045​. His idea can be found at " modifiedtitle="true" title="The ability to accept a course invite on the Canvas iOS App<br/>

and voting will open next week.

@rseilham ​ could you please copy your images and notes from your testing over to the new Idea?

And, could everyone else copy your discussion or notes to his Idea as well.

Thanks.

pohlmanma
Community Contributor

Please vote again! This idea needs more traction to get it put into development. As a 1:1 district using iPads, our students spend the majority of the time using the Canvas app...not the web version. Thanks! 

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi All,

This idea has resurfaced and will open for vote on April 6th:

FYI; our mobile team is aware that this is a frequently requested feature by users of the mobile apps.

dis1
Community Explorer

students invited to courses are not able to submit assignments using annotation tool until they accept.  in a 1-1 iPad environment, this mans that they have to use the web to log in and accept course invitation first.  this feature in the app would be nice.  Thanks!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is one of the lucky ones that was selected to get a little more time for voting as part of our evolution of the feature idea process. It was selected because of it's vote count and/or comment thread.

*Selection criteria: Most (not all) ideas that received 70+ votes in their initial voting round.

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

Awesome news! Thank you!