cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adaptive learning - quiz branching

adaptive learning - quiz branching

(3)
It would be excellent if the quiz tool enabled branching for adaptive learning. If quizzes were embedded into content then potentially students could be directed to a particular piece of content based on their response to a question.
25 Comments
amie_gardner
Community Member

I absolutely need this right now, and hate to have to go to Captivate to do which does not accommodate 6-point surveys

rdorn1
Surveyor

I'm looking at a Canvas checklist for best practices and essentials for an online course. Differentiation is listed here as an Exemplary criterion, but it is highly labor intensive to do in Canvas. This kind of branching would help all of use do what Canvas tells us we should.

brigwald
Surveyor II

But this can be quite cumbersome.  Moodle has this built in to its Lesson Module, where pages/pages w/ questions, can be strung together as a single assignment.    It allows for branched learning, "choose your own adventure" type simulations, etc...

Steven_S
Navigator II

Agreed.  Mastery paths are not yet as user friendly as they could be.  I'm not sure about how pages and pages with questions string together, differently than mastery paths.  Mastery paths lets you use a quiz as a way for students to "choose an adventure" and then trigger the appropriate pages, quizzes and assignments to appear. Every quiz can be used as another branching point.  This all becomes a part of the module you build.  Could you offer an example of the design you would like instead?

j_l_lonbay
Surveyor

yes please