app rubric feedback ipad

0 Likes
(1)

Grading on the Canvas teacher app on my iPad is much easier than using SpeedGrader on my laptop.  But, if I want to leave specific feedback for the rubric components, you cannot...you can only leave a general 'comment'.

On SpeedGrader/laptop, there is a comment "bubble" for each rubric criteria.  As an art teacher, this feedback/comment for specific rubric components is more valuable than an overall comment.

5 Comments
kcjones2
Community Member

canvas rubric criteria feedback needs to work on app/ipadcanvas rubric criteria feedback needs to work on app/ipad

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

jbeyer1
Community Participant

I am using the Canvas teacher app, but in a quiz. I use the rubric to keep track of points for a lab handout, then manually transfer the points from the rubric to the quiz question. When I use a rubric in a quiz, I cannot add/edit comments.

In order to meet the new Department of Education Regular and Substantive regulations for my online students, I am required by the DOE to leave comments in the rubrics that I use.  However, I cannot do this using the Canvas app on my ipad.  This means that I can no longer use the app.  

How the rubric looks when using it in Quizzes. I cannot add commentsHow the rubric looks when using it in Quizzes. I cannot add comments

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.