bulk actions on files

0 Likes
(2)

add ability for user to have BULK operations on selected files e.g. to unpublish/publish/delete/move 

Tags (2)
7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@mkbane The instructions for selecting multiple files to perform an action are in the Move Multiple Files section near the end of How do I move and organize my files as an instruct... - Canvas Community. As this is existing Canvas functionality, we've archived the idea. 

CarolineAppel
Community Member

@Stef_retired The response does not address the desire to BULK unpublish, which is a desire I also have

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@CarolineAppel  When I selected multiple files and clicked on "Manage Access," the provision to bulk unpublish is one of the selections.

bulk unpublish.png

AltheaAlphonse
Community Member

As an Instructional Designer, it is very tedious and time consuming to publish 100's of files for students to view.  We utilize a lot of  iSpring and SoftChalk lectures/reviews which have multiple folders and unlimited files. As a previous Blackboard user, they had a button that allowed you to select all files. Please make that possible for Canvas users. With gratitude, ALthea 

AltheaAlphonse
Community Member

AltheaAlphonse_0-1647029148362.png

AltheaAlphonse
Community Member

@Stef_retired, Thank you for your response to bulk publishing.  How did you select multiple files?  I tried the Ctrl-A (select all), and highlighted with the Shift and Ctrl keyboard buttons, but it only does individual publishing. 

ReenaeYoo
Community Novice
Problem statement:

Problem: Canvas doesn't have that feature you would need to delete files individually.

Proposed solution:

Solution: Allow to select multiple files to be deleted at a time.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,student