bulk change assignment setting "display grade as percent"

0 Likes
(2)

When importing LTI assignments (in particular, from MyOpenMath - but I assume this behavior is the same for other external tools), they default assignment setting is set to "Display grade as points". The only way to change this to "Display as percent" (or some other setting that might be desired) is to click through the setting on each assignments, one by one. Depending on the number of assignments at issue, this ranges from annoying to unduly burdensome to completely impractical. There should be a way to change this setting in bulk.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

david_dwork
Community Novice

I agree. Having the ability to do this would be great.

supposenot
Community Member

I agree. This would be insanely useful. I'm using specifications based grading for a course, and the points are in some sense meaningless, they are just a way of assigning labels to things. The students need to see the labels (e.g., Excellent/Meets Expectations/Revisions Needed). To even get the items into canvas I have to import them using .csv files, and they come in in batches, so I'm having to go through and change the settings multiple times for each import (and I do these imports several times a week).

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.