canvas speedGrader should include extra attempt api for students

0 Likes
(1)

Sometimes students lose their work by not pushing a submit button or due to internet glitches. I wish we could just allow one more attempt through SpeedGrader. An API for the extra attempts already exists in Moderate this quiz page, the same should be available in SpeedGrader.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@deval_popat  Are you using the workflow described in  How do I reassign an assignment in SpeedGrader? to return assignments to students for resubmission? Or is this something you're looking to accomplish entirely through the API? 

Also, have you reviewed the existing ideas requesting enhancements to the reassign/resubmit functionality? Here are some links for your consideration:

Reassign button: add change due/closed date

Taking back a Reassignment 

Reassign button: activate with just attachment fee... 

per-user-reattempts for assignments 

Thanks.

deval_popat
Community Explorer
Author

Hi ,

The reassignment is only available for assignments not for quizzes. We need something for quizzes.

Thank you,

Eva

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for providing the clarification, @deval_popat .

Just a few more questions: Are you currently using New Quizzes and the moderation process described in  How do I moderate a student's assessment attempt i...  ? With that in mind, is the request to have the same moderation capability for New Quizzes built into Speedgrader? Since New Quizzes are based on the assignment type, it's possible that development of  per-user-reattempts for assignments   (should it be prioritized) would address this.

Please let us know!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived