copy text header

(3)

With a simple click on the right-side drop-down menu next to an empty module, we can "Duplicate" it.

Yet we can't do that when we click on the right-side drop-down menu next to a text header.

But we want to. Time is irreplaceable. Please help us work faster.

7 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @shanecolby4  

Here's a previously submitted idea that you may want to take a look at the comments from.

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14437 

shanecolby4
Community Novice
Author

Can't. It's in "cold storage."

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

If you'd like to view it, you may request permission to join the Cold Storage‌ group.

dresanggina
Community Novice

Please make headers able to be duplicated.  It would be a huge time-saver!

JamesSinger
Community Member

Let's say you have a text header that says "assignments" (and underneath you list the assignment due). You're gonna need that in multiple modules, right? Right now, I have to click on the three dots "fly-out menu" where it lists: "increase indent," "edit," "move to," and "remove." Why not have "duplicate" as one of the options?

Otherwise, you have to click on the three dots, click edit, double-click to highlight the text, right-click to copy, hit cancel. Then go over to the new module, click the "+" sign, select "Add text header," right-click in the text field, paste it in, and hit "Add item."

I'm telling you, three dots and then click duplicate. Done. If I want, I can already just drag that to the new module or use the "move to" option in the three dots fly-out menu.

I am an instructor using Canvas since 2010.

e809660
Community Novice

I am having so many issues with Canvas that I am reconsidering how I use it in my classroom. When it works, it is great but when it does not work (which is becoming more & more often), it makes life miserable. 

I put all of my lessons for the week into a weekly module. Then, when I go to copy that module and click on the three dots, there is NO RESPONSE.

I am also getting a SNAP, out of memory error. Is this only my account, my district, or the entire Canvas community? What can I do to fix this?

I have sent messages for help to the Canvas help button but I have not gotten responses. 

I am so frustrated. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.