drop and drag assignment

0 Likes

I would like to be able to have my students complete a drop & drag assignment in music in which they label the letter name of notes on a jpg. file containing a music staff with notes. Unfortunately, the boxes provided for this type of assignment in Canvas are far too large for this type of assignment, as the boxes would need to be a square small enough to place side-by-side under each note or adjustable to a small square. I would like to see this type of assignment capability added. 

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @RichardRigg -

Thank you for sharing your Idea!

Where are you currently building your activities in Canvas? I'd like to learn more about your process! I look forward to collaborating. 🐼

RichardRigg
Community Member

My school division is new to Canvas. Currently, we use Schoology which has assignments for drag and drop which allow for answer blocks small enough for individual letters (ex: A, B, C, D, E, F, G) to have students identify the name of notes in a music example. I would really like to be able to continue with the same type of assignment when we migrate to Canvas next academic year.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.