easy exposition of works in a classroom

0 Likes

I want my students being inspired by eeachothers work.

For now, they upload their work (photographs, pdf's, word docs, cards, etc.) in a discussion... it is not really meant for, but it works more or less...

Every answer in the discussion has an attachmentpossibilitie...

Though, it is heavy to browse, for a student, because of opening all attachements to look in it...

... in assigenments there is a great tool for teachers (speedgrader is the name) which would fit wonderfull for students to look in the works of their collegues... to get inspired... a quick browse every week - a kind of EXPOSITION HALL... would be great...

Is it possible?

Soon? 😉

Kind regards

steven

Tags (2)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@stevendecraene 

Thanks for sharing this idea. You'll be happy to know that students can accomplish this using existing Canvas functionality. When I was an instructor facilitating such discussions, I disabled file attachments to posts altogether and gave students these instructions instead, as these will make uploaded PDFs and images display inline without requiring students to download each one:

How do I embed a document from Canvas into the New... - Canvas Community 

How do I embed images from Canvas into the New Ric... - Canvas Community

As this is existing Canvas functionality, we've archived the idea. If you need additional assistance in setting this up for your students, please ask in the Question Forum

Thanks again!