cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing assignment comments

editing assignment comments

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I would like to be able to edit comments that I make in the speed grader on student assignments.  Often I find myself wanting to correct a type, or amending a phrase.  The only possible way to do it now is to make a new comments.  I keep looking for an editing feature similar to the way we can modify announcements.

6 Comments
Community Member

pastedImage_0.png

Thank you for your Feature Idea​ submission.  We wanted to call your attention to   which was submitted in a different voting period.  It may contain valuable discussion and insight as this discussion moves through the voting process.

We also encourage you to check out this article that can help you maximize the exposure and support of your Feature Idea: How do I write a good feature idea submission

Community Coach
Community Coach

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. January 6, 2016 - Wed. April 6, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

Community Member

It would save so much time rather than deleting the existing comment and doing a completely new comment!

Surveyor

Those interested in commenting functionality may also be interested in: Import Grade Comments

Surveyor

This is marked as solved and deployed, but i cant find how to edit the comments in the right sidebar of the speedgrader. Can anybody tell me how this works?

Community Team
Community Team

The Edit function for assignment comments is part of the New Gradebook, and is described in the Edit Comment section of https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16552-4152813640