[Modules] expand and collapse the activities under each header

Headers can be used to subdivide the activities in modules, but each header makes the module longer and longer.  To reduce scrolling for students, I suggest allowing the headers to be expanded and collapsed

47 Comments
dan_baeckstrom
Community Explorer

@Steven_S  For now I think I will stick with the recently launched Canvas Entry Links extension – have you checked out the video?

Best,
Dan

Steven_S
Community Champion

@dan_baeckstrom  I had not seen that one!  You're right collapsing threaded discussions might fit better there, unless you would consider one app to cover all of the features. Oh and BTW I just saw that Collapse-Replies-in-Discussions suggests that collapsing discussions is already possible, but I do not see that feature option...

dan_baeckstrom
Community Explorer

@Steven_S I rather meant that I will content myself with the present functionalities in Canvas Entry Links – collapsing threads is not going to be implemented soon by me... 

The link list feature is somewhat similar in that it gives a better overview of the threads. I actually might add support for collapsing the link list (such that the indented links can be hidden).

Steven_S
Community Champion

@dan_baeckstrom  you are correct that the links will help to reduce scrolling

How do you expect your links to interact with the new resorting features scheduled for next month? Canvas-Release-Discussions-Redesign-2021-06-19

Also I found the expand and collapse buttons!  (The up and down arrows in this image)

discussion buttons.PNG

stephanieorton
Community Member

This would be beneficial for teachers, specifically if they are organizing their modules by Unit. The Modules can get quick long and overwhelming for students, but collapsible text headers would help chunk the module even more for students! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme