filling in zeros

0 Likes

I would love the three dots in the grade book to have the option to manually fill in unsubmitted work with a zero.  The automatic zero for unsubmitted work is not working for me.  When I move an assignment from another course from last year it automatically gives everyone a zero because the due date was last year.  I then have to go delete all of the zeros.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
ClaudiaJackson
Community Member

plus, I fill in zeros at a specific date

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @ClaudiaJackson -

From the Gradebook, you can do this using the Set Default Grade option. You can type in a 0, and this will apply to all work that is ungraded.

How do I set a default grade for an assignment in the Gradebook? 

Just to clarify, you'd like the option to do this without having to first grade the work that was shared on time, correct?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @ClaudiaJackson  -

I'm checking in! How are things going? Can you double-check the question I had on the 14th regarding your idea?

If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 14, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived