iOS Canvas Student Course View

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please revert back to the view with 2 courses side by side….the new update only has one course which forces students to scroll through a list to see courses 3-8. 

27 Comments
ZoeZalewski
Community Novice

Please update back to the two-column dashboard view or give students the opportunity to choose between this and the one column. The one-column makes it much more difficult to see classes and grades. 

AlexisTobler
Community Member

I agree, the rectangles make it much harder to see all classes and grades without scrolling. The squares were better and easier to navigate in the app.

ZachZinderman
Community Novice

I agree with the comments stating that the new card view for students on the iOS mobile app is inconvenient and hard to use. The more square two-column card view made it easy to see all of your grade and classes at once, and it is harder now to identify which classes are which. I see how some might like the new update more, given there is less info on the screen at one time, so I suggest adding an option in the settings for which layout people prefer. Either way, I am fairly sure the majority of users do not like this new update

FarRod
Community Member

I definitely agree that the dashboard update on the iOS mobile app is hard to use, and very inconvenient. Before, I was able to see every class, and the grade for that class on one screen- now I am only able to see a few at a time and I am forced to scroll. Some may like the update, but I would prefer a setting where I am able to change it to the view that I prefer. 

Not applicable

Why did the canvas layout on the app change??? It looked way cleaner before and now I have to scroll down just to see all my classes. This is a mess…

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

AJMaas
Community Novice

The new "list view" dashboard on the iPhone app makes no sense. Very annoying to have to scroll down to access my courses. Please go back to the original "card view".

NoahMark
Community Member

Please fix the dashboard of canvas, it’s very annoying that we have to scroll instead of just having all our classes in sight like we did with card view.

kath_
Community Novice

Hi,

I hope we can have an option on the canvas instructure app (ios) to change the view of the dashboard to card view or grid view so that users can choose what style they prefer because personally, I prefer the card view since it shows all the subjects in the display without scrolling down. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

While this idea is open for voting (and will stay so for now!), I wanted to share that the Mobile Team's PM shared a blog. This post provides some details as to why the change happened. I hope the insight is helpful! Mobile Dashboard and Accessibility