iPad Email screen

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. March 2, 2016 - Wed. June 1, 2016  Learn more about voting...

The iPad email screen seems to be devoid of the ability to create a subject line.  Would be nice if the ability to create a subject line was available.

9 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. March 2, 2016 - Wed. June 1, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

185660_pastedImage_6.pngWe appreciate you, and the submission of your idea. Your dialogue helps our product teams prioritize feature development. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially, yes. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. Feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and influence product direction.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea will remain in the open voting forum as an idea related to Priority: Canvas Teacher App.

*Being a related idea does not guarantee it is slated for development, instead it indicates that the idea is related to the overall scope and is being used to inform the process.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

This feature would be helpful to both teachers and students. While it's included in Priority: Canvas Teacher App‌, it would be even better if it could be a universal functionality when creating new messages from the Conversations Inbox.

pfucetola
Community Member

We use subjects for when we receive emails to get an idea of what the topic of the email is.  I require my students to always enter a subject to their emails.  This is part of them learning proper professional protocol when sending an email.

We can receive a subject from various methods in Canvas: Browser, Droid App but we cannot receive it via iPhone or iPad app.

pfucetola
Community Member

For messaging: The app handles a subject for Androids.  Why would it not handle a subject for iPads?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

This was accomplished in an earlier release. We're sorry that we missed updating this thread.

How do I send a message from the Inbox in the Teacher app on my iOS device? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed