cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Conversations

Canvas Idea Conversations

Idea Conversations is currently in a paused state as we work on a new process. Shiren Vijiasingam, our Chief Product Officer, outlines an overview of the new approach in his latest blog post.

Filter Idea Conversations:

4447 Ideas in: Open
Originally submitted March 30th "We would love to see Canvas implement form-based assessments. For example, we want students to complete a reflection on a field experience. We need to gather basic inf...
For assignments that are setup for peer review, it would be useful to have two different due dates:One for the students initial submission that will be reviewed by their peersA second one for completi...
If a student submits an assignment to say week 2 folder when it should have been submitted to week 3, currently there is no way to move that assignment to the correct location as the Teacher.  This co...
With courses that have many modules and module items, the default un-collapsed state on the modules page makes the view overwhelming. I would love the option to choose a 'current' module and have that...
It would be nice to have an option to download everything related to a completed, graded assignment in one PDF: the annotated PDF of the submission, the "assignment comments" discussion, and the compl...
So, my impression is that terms are sorted based on date and, perhaps, name. But it doesn't seem consistent. For example, here's the term order on the admin Terms page, which appears to be in descendi...
I'd like to be able to use the 'message students who' function in the gradebook for more than a single assignment.  It would be useful to be able to go to the column in the gradebook for an assignment...
The existing work-around for creating Likert Scale questions, as described belowHow do I create Likert scale quiz questions?is cumbersome and overly complex for the average user. Link to the original ...
So in my daily duties as Canvas admin I have to search for courses and users over and over again from different locations within Canvas. It would be quite convenient if the 'Find a Course,' 'Find a Us...
I should be able to use the scheduler to set up appointment slots for office hours for one week and then have an option for Canvas to automatically create the same schedule on subsequent weeks.
I would like to see who has viewed any particular page or activity and when it was viewed. I can find some of this information by going to every student and looking through their page views, but I wan...
When moving between student quiz submissions in SpeedGrader (using the left and right arrows at the top), the numerical scores are saved, but the "additional comments" fields below the questions are l...
It is wonderful to be able to change the due date of an assignment by dragging it in the calendar. However, the "available until" date does not change along with the due date. This sometimes results i...
I am aware that we can export our canvas calendar feed to another calendar but it would be nice to import calendar feeds too. For example, I would like to be able to import my institution's academic c...
There are many reasons and uses for a Student Activity Report/Analytics that demonstrates the amount of time a student spent in an activity.  This Time Spent data should be available for both Instruct...
I always find it useful to search for content using an index or an actual search tool rather than just scrolling through all of the pages one by one to find what I need.  I can see many uses for this:...
It would be great if the breadcrumb trail would follow your navigation correctly when you are working in modules rather than switching to "page", "discussions", "assignments" or whatever you click on....
I would like to see some additional options for Rubrics.  Specifically, it would be nice to be able to: Insert a new rubric row anywhere within an existing rubric.Drag and drop an existing rubric row ...
 Add the Rich Text Editor to the Comments section of Speedgrader. "I want to recommend books, etc., or to properly format foreign words, and so on, and want to set the example, of course, of doing so ...
When importing course content, it would be great to see the detailed list of: What items were imported if the user used the option "Select Migration Content"Who Initiated the importWhether it was the ...