import just some modules from existing content

0 Likes

I have an introductory module that I like to use in all of my classes, but don't have much use for the rest of one class' modules in a different class. It would be nice to be able to select specific modules to import from one class into another. Currently, to get just the introductory module, I have to spend several minutes deleting all the other modules. 

4 Comments
ellisonl15
Community Participant

I just realized I can share it to the Commons with only myself. That's a reasonable solution. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@ellisonl15 

This is possible, and there are several ways to accomplish it:

The "select content" functionality of the course import process accommodates selecting specific content as part of a partial import, and you can read more about it in How do I select specific content as part of a course import?

Teachers can also copy a single module (or an assignment or a page) directly to another course. For modules, that's described in How do I copy a module to another course? and we also have documentation for pages and assignments.

As this is existing functionality, we've archived the idea. If you need assistance using the course import process, please post questions to our Question Forum.

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ellisonl15 

Thanks for posting a third solution!

ellisonl15
Community Participant

Thanks, Stefanie!