lowercase alphabetical order in list category

0 Likes

It would be useful to have the option of having lowercase alphabetical lists in the text sections of various areas (assignments, etc.).   My role is that of instructor, staff, and developer.  

Tags (1)
3 Comments
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

@CarrieMallon ,

I just want to clarify what you are asking because it wasn't clear to me on the first read.  Within the Rich Content Editor, which is used throughout Canvas, you'd like the option with ordered lists to use lowercase letters instead of just capital letters.  Right now the six options for ordered list are closed round bullets, open round bullets, closed square bullets, numbers, capital letters, roman numerals.  

RCE bulleted list.jpg

I agree it would be nice to have that option.  For now as a workaround though let me tell you how you can manually make that change in case you are not aware of this.  

Create your list using the Capital Letter ordered list option.  Click the icon in the lower right corner to view and edit the html and find the list.  It will look something like this.

<p>Here is a list</p>
<ol style="list-style-type: upper-alpha;">
<li>one</li>
<li>two</li>
<li>three</li>
</ol>

Simply change the word "upper" to "lower" and that should do the trick.  I know it doesn't fill the need of your request but at least it might be an easy work around while Instructure considers making this a change to the RCE options.

Rick Murch-Shafer

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.