migrating from old quizzes to new quizzes - keeping audio in the transfer

(2)

Classic quizzes will be going extinct in August 2021.  I am losing audio files in the migration from classic quizzes to new quizzes.  Canvas personnel confirmed they do not transfer.   Before the classic quiz format disappears, please find a way to preserve audio files in the migration.

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for starting this discussion,  @joanne_pinder . You might also be interested in the conversation underway at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13475-new-quizzes-add-media-recording-to-text-editor 

amy_koger
Community Explorer

Yes - please solve this issue!  I have many classic quizzes with audio that I don't want to lose!

troy_challenger
Community Explorer

We have many linguistics and language courses that have quizzes containing thousands of questions with audio in the stem and/or the choices.  All audio is stripped out in migrating to New Quizzes. 

And it does not appear possible to import Classic questions with audio into Item Banks in New Quizzes.  Nor does it appear that New Quizzes has an html editor option, nor the ability to export New Quizzes in qti or other formats so that we might be able fix these issues in an outside programming editor.  This is a major concern.  Is it being worked on?

kristin_patrick
Community Member

Hello! Please make it possible to transfer audio files in Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes. This is a BIG DEAL! 

ebealle
Community Participant

My teachers who have recorded audio versions of questions and answers for students with accommodations desperately want this. They have spent a lot of time and effort in creating audio versions of questions in Classic Quizzes and dread having to reproduce all of it in a migration to New Quizzes.

K-Diddy
Community Explorer
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived