module navigation

0 Likes

canvas already has a module menu that give you a list of all the modules you can access .However, when you select the module you want to see it still takes you to the very first module and has the user scroll/shift through all the prior modules /chapters in order to find the one you are looking for. What is the point of having user "select" the module if you still have search for it starting from the first one. This gets to be very tedious if you have a lot of modules and you are looking for the last few module in the course. I suggest that the module selection link actually take you directly to the module you selected. Perhaps have it to where the other modules automatically collapse and have only that module expand on the screen. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @AlinaSalmeron -

Thank you for taking the time to share your Idea with the Community!

When selecting a specific Module from the content selector (within the RCE, those links should "jump" to the correct space in the Module list. If your course is complex (and has lots of items within each Module), it may take a moment for the screen to recenter. Double-check that you selected the Module name and not the Module page as a whole. 

How do I create hyperlinks to course or group content in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? 

If you've verified that you have selected an individual Module from the RCE, please open a case with Support so they may take a second look. How do I contact Canvas Support? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @AlinaSalmeron -

I am curious to know how you are doing! If you were able to connect with Support, what did you learn? 

The Community Team knows life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by April 19, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived