new notification

0 Likes

It would be great if we could get a notification if the sync didn't sync correctly.  It is time consuming to have to check Grade Sync to make sure everything synced correctly.  

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this idea, @Joanne87 . Would you please edit the idea to specify which SIS your school uses? We already have an active conversation underway around this for PowerSchool users at  Powerschool SIS Sync Dashboard and Controls, so please let us know if you are using a SIS other than PowerSchool.

Joanne87
Community Member

I do use PowerSchool and the reason the items don't sync is totally my fault.  I am accidentally forgetting to assign a category to the assignment.  I teach the same class 3 times a day, so when I copy an assignment, the copied assignment ends up in "Imported Assignments"  I was hoping there was a notification for when assignments don't sync properly.  I know I can check "Grade Sync" but that's one more thing we have to do.  

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for your quick response, @Joanne87 , and we can understand why a notification for a failed sync would be helpful. Please add your rating and comment to the existing idea,  Powerschool SIS Sync Dashboard and Controls, and we'll archive and lock this one to keep the existing thread from branching off.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived