please reinstate copy/paste ability in the essay question comment boxes of speedgrader

0 Likes

Every time I grade an essay exam in speedgrader now I want to cry from frustration.  It is extremely tedious and time consuming to have to type the same response in time after time.  In previous versions we could have a key (perhaps in word) and then copy paste the correct answer into the comments section. then customize it for that student's response.  It is ridiculous that we can't do this simple thing.

Tags (1)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@korrell 

I apologize that you're experiencing this frustration. However, we haven't made any changes to the functionality of the Assignment Comments box in Speedgrader with regard to copy-paste, and when I just tested it, I was able to copy the first comment and paste it into the next two submissions with no issues.

Would you please investigate this with Canvas Support? I've found that sometimes the copy-paste function needs to be enabled on a specific browser, and a member of our support team (or perhaps your local IT Desk) might be able to zero in on that setting for you. General instructions for contacting support are in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?, but in the event your organization has customized the help process, please use the pathway to support provided by your school.

Thanks!