"Are you sure you want to send this message to 45 recipients?"

0 Likes

There have been multiple times when I meant to message only one student in class, but the message ends up going out to the whole class. Sometimes this happens even when I thought I had selected the desired student's name. It would be amazing to 

A) when the message is going out to a whole class, have a "are you sure you want to send this message to 45 recipients?", so we can catch ourselves if the message is only meant for one student

B) have a "recall message" feature. Yes I know that many students have Canvas messages forwarded to their emails, but anything to reduce the places they can read messages that were not meant for them.

2 Comments
rlcunnin
Community Member

I'm sure students would appreciate this feature too - I once had a student accidentally message the entire class some sensitive information that had been intended only for me. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@rlcunnin 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. As the idea description contains two separate requests, they'll need to be broken out into two separate discussion threads. Would you please rewrite them as individual ideas after reading through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?

When you write the "recall" suggestion, please take a moment to review how this functionality works in the Google and Outlook mail clients, where senders are provided a brief cushion of up to 30 seconds to decide to undo a send, and consider writing the idea using that context.