"Done Grading" notification on New Quiz

0 Likes

When I go to grade a new quiz on the Moderate page, I have a hard time remembering which one I just graded. I would like to see a section that tells me that grading has either been done or needs to be done. A simple check mark or an X would suffice. Right in between Score and Time would be lovely. 

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@melissa_decker 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, have you considered grading the quizzes in Speedgrader instead? Personally, I find it to be a much easier workflow, and Speedgrader allows the instructor to sort the student list by "needs graded." Instructions are in How do I grade an assessment in New Quizzes? - Canvas Community 

CraigOgden
Community Participant

In my opinion New Quizzes just needs to tell us when there are assignments that need to be graded.  I have to be told be a student that they turned in an assignment late before I know it was turned in.  I have gone all quarter without know a student turned in most of his assignments.

Once this type of notification has been done that, yes, a little check mark or something to let us know it has been graded would be nice.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@CraigOgden If you haven't yet, please add your thoughts on this to New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do - Canvas Community and New Quizzes Grading Indication - Canvas Community . Thanks!

CraigOgden
Community Participant

I know this isn't the write place to ask this but, @Stef_retired, how do we vote for ideas in this new system?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived