"Full Credit & Next" button in Canvas Teacher SpeedGrader

(3)

It would be helpful when moving through submissions in Speedgrader on the Canvas Teacher apps to have a button at the top that would award full credit for the assignment and advance to the next student.  The current process involves much more time than it would need to if this button existed.  This would make Speedgrader actually speedy. This would be helpful especially on mobile platforms where opening the grade tab and the keyboard on limited screen space takes time and becomes quite cramped.  

9 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @cmcsparran ,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to come submit this feature idea.  I can well imagine how this feature could be a big improvement for people to manually grade work in speedgrader while quickly reviewing and approving many submissions.  Unfortunately we cannot advance this idea for voting just yet.  Please modify your submission to refer to either the web or app based grading experience.  Also feel free to add another idea so that you can have one for each.  The reason we are asking you to do this is so we can more accurately gauge user interest in both individually.  Please let us know if you have questions about any of this.

cmcsparran
Community Member
Author

Thank you for the clarification.  Is this edit adequate?

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Craig,

Thank you for coming back and modifying your submission and also submitting it for the browser based experience.  Would you mind if we modified this submission just a little more to specify the Canvas Teacher app?

Thanks again.

cmcsparran
Community Member
Author

Ok, I made the edit.  Is there a Speedgrader in any app besides the Teacher app?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Yes,  @cmcsparran ‌, Canvas has a no-longer-supported mobile app called SpeedGrader. While that app is no longer available for download, some people who installed it way back when may still have it on their devices, and in theory could still be using it. So we're making sure the idea specifies Canvas Teacher to avoid any possible misinterpretation of the request. Thanks!

wallacema
Community Member

Yes!

Similarly:  

When I'm using SpeedGrader, my most common actions are to enter the full point value (the answer is completely correct) or a zero (answer is missing).  It would be great if I had options in SpeedGrader such as:

Assign Full Point Value and Move To the Next Question here:

wallacema_0-1615045776252.png

or Assign Zero Points and Move To the Next Question here:

wallacema_1-1615045776265.png

mirzadegan
Community Member

I would like to also request this feature for the desktop version of SpeedGrader! Should I submit a separate feature idea?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@mirzadegan  No need! You can add your comments and rating to this one:  In SpeedGrader: Assign Full Credit and Move to Ne...

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.