"Go to Top" Button for all pages of Canvas

(3)

My experience with Canvas has been mostly good, except for this one problem: I have trouble navigating several of the pages, due to the lack of the "Go to Top" button common on most websites. It would be great to have this function, as most of the pages in my Canvas are very long.

To those of you who vote in favor:

I'd appreciate it if you would pass the word on to others! 

Thanks,

Benaiah Torrijos

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for submitting this idea, benaiah Welcome to the Canvas Community! You might be interested in giving support to this related idea, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9537-add-back-to-top-arrow-to-discussions , as well as this loosely-associated idea that's in Product Radar status: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1936-back-and-next-buttons-at-top-of-module-items 

And, as I noted in the comments section of one of the ideas, there's a handy interim remedy: the Home button on a PC keyboard will take you back to the top of any Canvas page. On a Mac, the keyboard shortcut for Home is Fn+[left arrow].

benaiah
Community Novice

I voted in favor of both ideas. Thanks for the heads up. 

Benaiah Torrijos

johnsow
Community Explorer

In one of my classes, I have several items on my Modules Page and I am wondering if a Back to Top button can be created for ease of operation? 

A Back to Top arrow/button would make matters smoother.

I vote in favor of  

"Go to Top" Button for all pages of Canvas.

benaiah
Community Novice

Hey! Thanks for voting me up Wilbur Johnson! I appreciate it!

MaribelDuran
Community Novice

I would like for there to be anchor links that could bring me straight to the top of the page when I am in the module's sections and when I am creating questions in the question bank. for example, when I am creating question 30 in a question bank I have to scroll all the way up to click "create a new question". very time-consuming. Is there an easier way around this? maybe I have not figured it out yet.

MaribelDuran
Community Novice

any help?

cgaudreau
Community Contributor

I've found this code to be helpful.

<a id="scroll-top-link" class="avia_pop_class" title="Scroll to top" href="#top" aria-hidden="true" data-av_icon="" data-av_iconfont="entypo-fontello">
        <span class="avia_hidden_link_text">Scroll to top</span>

SeanQuallen
Community Explorer
<a href="#top">Scroll to top</a>

is the only code needed out of what was posted. It's just a simple HTML link to the document top. The other stuff will potentially cause errors.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.