cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hide Assignment/Course/Grading from To-Do List"

"Hide Assignment/Course/Grading from To-Do List"

0 Kudos
(5)

I'm a student taking classes on Canvas and a TA for a course with 160 students. This means my to-do is often filled with "grade" tasks (even though we have separate graders that are dedicated for this task).

If I try to "X" an item, it will reappear the next time a student makes a submission and will keep me from seeing my personal course assignments that I need to complete, which means I often don't see deadlines.

Could you create settings to enable/disable grade tasks (or specific assignments/courses) from appearing in the "to-do" field?

7 Comments
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

Surveyor

I am listed as a teacher in a co-worker's course so I get all of his assignments popping up in my To Do List.  I have disabled all other notifications from his class, but I cannot remove the items in the To-Do List. Can you create a way to turn off To Do notifications for individual courses?

I agree with this! 

I have been added as a teacher to every team members' courses. Now their assignments have over taken my To Do list of graded assignments from my own courses. I would love the ability to hide their courses's assignments from my To Do list.

Surveyor II

Yes. This would be great. I co teach a class and often add to my colleagues class but would like to remove the to-do items associated with that class from my to-do list. It would be nice if we could customize the to do list to show or not show certain classes.

Surveyor

I'd like to disable the To-Do notifications entirely.  They're distracting.  I'll keep track of what I have to do, thank you.

Surveyor

I have also been added to my colleagues' classes and do not want their grading items on my to-do list, but would like to keep my own items needing grading on my to do list. I would like a way to shut off to do lists for some courses but not others.

Explorer

I agree with all of these! Lots of teachers asking me how to hide things.