"Hide Assignment/Course/Grading from To-Do List"

0 Likes
(5)

I'm a student taking classes on Canvas and a TA for a course with 160 students. This means my to-do is often filled with "grade" tasks (even though we have separate graders that are dedicated for this task).

If I try to "X" an item, it will reappear the next time a student makes a submission and will keep me from seeing my personal course assignments that I need to complete, which means I often don't see deadlines.

Could you create settings to enable/disable grade tasks (or specific assignments/courses) from appearing in the "to-do" field?

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

buehrer
Community Member

I am listed as a teacher in a co-worker's course so I get all of his assignments popping up in my To Do List.  I have disabled all other notifications from his class, but I cannot remove the items in the To-Do List. Can you create a way to turn off To Do notifications for individual courses?

tessaturnbull07
Community Member

I agree with this! 

I have been added as a teacher to every team members' courses. Now their assignments have over taken my To Do list of graded assignments from my own courses. I would love the ability to hide their courses's assignments from my To Do list.

HarperJmsd
Community Member

Yes. This would be great. I co teach a class and often add to my colleagues class but would like to remove the to-do items associated with that class from my to-do list. It would be nice if we could customize the to do list to show or not show certain classes.

cantvas
Community Participant

I'd like to disable the To-Do notifications entirely.  They're distracting.  I'll keep track of what I have to do, thank you.

kdimitriou
Community Member

I have also been added to my colleagues' classes and do not want their grading items on my to-do list, but would like to keep my own items needing grading on my to do list. I would like a way to shut off to do lists for some courses but not others.

jhough
Community Participant

I agree with all of these! Lots of teachers asking me how to hide things. 

yer_yang
Community Member

This is causing a lot of anxiety for students too. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.