"Hot spot" Type Question

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As a vocational teacher currently using Blackboard, and happily moving to Canvas, I would really like to see a "Hot Spot" question on a test. Blackboard uses this. It gives the students a picture, and the students must click on the correct area. For example, I teach Information Technology and the students need to know the components of a motherboard. I can post a picture of the motherboard, and then drag a box around the correct answer area...say the CPU socket. Then, the student must click on that area. Obviously, the nomenclature of the question type could not be hot spot, but I think this would be invaluable to Canvas!

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
25 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

The specific guide for this feature in the Quizzes LTI tool is How do I create a Hot Spot question in the Quizzes LTI? 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
andersonshar
Community Novice

Hurray!!!

Thank you so very much!

Sharlette D. Anderson, MHS, RDMS, RVT, RDCS

Associate Clinical Professor/Clinical Coordinator, DMU Program

Department of Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences

Faculty Advisor, MU Student Society of Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound

University of Missouri School of Health Professions

406 Lewis Hall

Columbia, MO 65211-4230

Ph: 573-884-4369