cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New Quizzes"

"New Quizzes"

0 Kudos
(5)

Teachers (especially in high school) should have an option, in new quizzes, to moderate individual classes. Presently, viewing all students is the only available option. It would be much easier to monitor classes during a quiz if there was a option to filter by section and have the ability to view one class at a time. 

13 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@p00065842 

Thanks for sharing this idea. By "individual classes," do you mean sections or cross-listed sections within the same course? If so, would you please edit the idea to reflect that ("filter by section") so that it is consistent with Canvas terminology? That will help our members more effectively assess the problem statement.

p00065842
Surveyor

Edited. Thank you for your help.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

Thanks for making that edit! We've moved this idea forward for further discussion.

donnahunter
Surveyor

In a Cross-Listed course, the Moderate Quiz page needs a filter option. When I'm moderating my 1st period class, I need to see ONLY that section, not all three sections in the course - so that I can quickly tell who is IN class and doesn't have the quiz open yet.

donnahunter
Surveyor

How long until Classic Quizzes is no longer available? I'm not thrilled with having to learn yet ANOTHER new thing this year, but if I'm going to have to, I need to know when it will be necessary.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@donnahunter Here's the link to the timeline: New Quizzes Timeline Overview

donnahunter
Surveyor

Thank goodness! So I can keep using Classic quizzes for the rest of this school year.

So, back to my original request. Sure would be nice if, for the next 8 months, we could have a filter option in Moderate Quizzes.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@donnahunter 

Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, as it will be deprecated early next year.

khigh
Surveyor

I agree! I can filter by "In progress" which helps, but it still doesn't let me see which kids in a section haven't yet started.

donnahunter
Surveyor

You can? How do you filter by "In progress?"

khigh
Surveyor

On the moderate page, there is a pull-down menu. I've included a screenshot below.

At least this way I can see in one window who is currently taking the test, but I can't see which kids in my class haven't started it yet or which ones have already finished which is frustrating. I also can't see how much time is remaining for each student. Both of those are things that were possible with Classic Quizzes.

khigh_0-1605750130863.png

donnahunter
Surveyor

Oh, this is only in New Quizzes, right? I'm still using the original Quizzes.

donnahunter
Surveyor

Because I don't see anything like that on my Moderate Quiz page.