"Regrade" option for Multiple Dropdown questions

(2)

I'd like to suggest having "regrade" dialog appear for Multiple Dropdown, as those are objective response questions (like Multiple Choice and Multiple Answer. It's a time saver. Thanks.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

7 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for your idea!  It will open for voting, March 1, 2017, as part of the relaunch of feature idea voting!  Find out more about the changes we made in Changes are here: New feature idea processes went live Friday! (2/24/17)

tpavlic
Community Participant

Why is this even open for voting? I view this as a bug. Why would Multiple Choice (for example) have a regrade option but Multiple Dropdowns does not? This is not a "feature request." Any automatically graded quiz question should have a re-grade option. That's just common sense. This is a bug report, not a feature request.

Similarly, it's weird that if you create a graded survey, you cannot select a correct answer even though the Survey Statistics clearly show a correct response. In order to specify the correct answer, you have to convert the survey to a quiz temporarily to reveal the "correct answer" arrows. Then, after saving and converting BACK to a graded survey, it is possible to get the correct coloration in the survey statistics. This too should be viewed as a bug (related to this one). Graded surveys should have "correct" answers even if they're just surveys.

crfishe2
Community Explorer

This limitation should be added to the question format instructions, visible at question selection.

This is absolutely imperative for quantitative quizzes.

Regrades must be completed manually as 'fudge points' with the incorrect answer still visible. Not a good solution.

tpavlic
Community Participant

Sadly, because Canvas has shifted all of its efforts into New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next), I would be shocked if there was any further development on classic quizzes. Of course, especially now that all of us are teaching online, none of us can use New Quizzes because New Quizzes cannot be locked down. So I guess we just have to get used to manually re-grading "auto-graded" questions for hundreds of students.

gp14
Community Explorer

Just came across this issue during the first week of classes. It makes no sense that you cannot regrade all the items. This seems like a massive oversight. Disappointing to see it's been an issue for years.

parrishwaters
Community Member

I emphatically agree with the comments above. No reason this should not be able to be regraded. Please fix this bug Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you everyone for contributing to this idea! We acknowledge that this has been a long-standing thread in the Community, but because Intructure’s product teams are no longer developing new functionality for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated 2024, we are archiving this idea. We hope that you continue to participate in the Community’s Idea Process!

The resources in the New Quizzes User Group should help you get started with using New Quizzes in your courses. If you don't see the ability to enable New Quizzes in the settings area of one of your courses, please reach out to your local Canvas admin for information about its availability at your school.