run reports by active terms

0 Likes
(2)

It would be great if we could have the option to run reports by active terms. Currently, there is only: all, default or term by term, even though active and archived terms are broken up. If we could select all active terms it would speed the report running process up. 

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@sosborne1 

Thanks for sharing this idea. We have a conversation sharing this use case underway at Admin reports - csv activity. We know it's not exactly the same, but does the intent of that idea essentially encompass what you're hoping to see?

sosborne1
Community Explorer
Author

@Stef_retired this isn't exactly what I'm asking for, but it does run along a similar reports thread - I'm asking that when you pull a report under the https://uview.instructure.com/accounts/settings - reports and then configure (under any of the reports), I would like the option to choose "all active terms" rather than having to select and pull one by one.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@sosborne1 

Thanks for your quick response! We'll open this for broader discussion as a companion idea to Admin reports - csv activity.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

amcdona
Community Participant

At my large institution we run some reports nightly (currently for all terms) which takes 4 HOURS!

It would be a huge improvement in both Instructure's processing time and the institutions if I could select ONLY ACTIVE terms.

Thanks

Andrew

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.