toggle unpublished assignments in Calendar

(4)
Hi,
I would like to request a feature for Canvas.
For the  Calendar views,
- it would be nice if one could toggle on/off whether it shows 'unpublished' assignments.
I have alot of unpublished assignments - and they are creating too much clutter.
But sometimes, I would want to be able to see them - so having a toggle would be good.
Thanks
Josh

--
Josh T. Beckham, Ph.D.
The University of Texas at Austin
4 Comments
mchiang
Community Member

I agree that this is a needed function. Speaking as a high school teacher, I have so many assignments that it's overwhelming to see the unpublished ones when I don't need to.

nmogul
Community Explorer

This feature is so needed. 

alexander_jilli
Community Member

This functionality would reduce considerable confusion.

I often teach once per week classes. Time of day shifts from morning to night in various semesters. I repurpose and update my course shells, which utilizes the Module view to guide students sequentially through the course.

As an adjunct, it is very important to me not to waste substantial unpaid time making trivial edits. Further, it wastes Instructure Canvas' team time to field calls from instructors who wonder, as I did, if students are seeing unpublished assignments in their calendars. 

The current work-around requiring instructors to substantially edit and remove dates just so that an unpublished assignment doesn't appear in the calendar view is short-sighted. If I do that, when I export the course then import it into a future course shell, the dates and times will not shift plus I will have to edit it again (which would be the third time).

Please alleviate this aggravation. Thanks!!!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.