view my own messages sent to others

0 Likes

When I send a message to the instructor via "help->Ask your instructor a question" or when I send a message to people using the message feature on their profile, there is no way to retrieve and view the sent messages.

Give the user the option to send a copy to themselves via email, or, better yet, provide a way for user to access and view messages sent.  This is particularly useful if I need to send same message to a different person, I can look it up and copy/paste. 

Tags (2)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@snarayan1 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. When students use the "Ask Your Instructor a Question" link in their Help menu to send a message to their instructor, their message displays in the Sent messages folder of the Inbox (see the View Sent Messages section of  How do I filter conversations as a student? for instructions on toggling the Inbox view to Sent). Students who have their notifications set to receive notifications of 'Conversations Created By Me' will also receive an external notification with the text of the message.

As this is existing functionality, we've archived the idea.

You might be interested in adding your comments to a related idea:  Ask Your Instructor a Question default to class cu...