CanvasHacks Classroom

Jump to solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

8/15/2018 Update:  To sign up as a student, use this link:

This course has enabled open enrollment. Students can self-enroll in the course once you share with them this URL:https://resources.instructure.com/enroll/8R9H7B. Alternatively, they can sign up at https://resources.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: 8R9H7B

@Chris_Hofer ,  @G_Petruzella  stefaniesanders, awebster

Hi folks, it looks like Scott the Magnificent has already created us a CanvasHacks public classroom to play in, and enrolled us as teachers.

Any thoughts on structure? I have a similar course that is mostly complete that I am preparing for my faculty that I could upload to provide a bit of structure. It is intended for non-coders, and has the following module structure:

• About HTML and the HTML Editor - DO NOT FEAR THE CODE!
  • Beginning Users
  • Intermediate users
  • Advanced users
  • Sharing (sharing has a discussion and links to external resoursces

However, I am not a pushy sort, so whatever anybody else wants, I am more than happy to go along with. I can always upload stuff a piece at a time and fit it where I can.

My "lessons" are all one page, and include:

• A brief description
  • The code snippet
  • Anatomy of the code snippet where I identify those components that are easy to modify by novices like myself
  • Instructions for use
  • Troubleshooting, and
  • Sometimes some obvious variations based on changes to parts of the code (colors, sizes, positions etc. - the minor stuff)

Let me know what your think!

Oh yah, and I also have a hokey Home page, because that's just the kind of guy I am:)

4 Solutions
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Great idea, Kelley.

I created a course shell in resources.instructure.com.  It looks like well over 60 people have already requested either student or teacher level access.  Those of you with teacher level access, feel free to invite your friends.  Anyone else interested, please comment to that effect.   @kmeeusen ​ and the super helpful  @Ron_Bowman ​ have been great about going in and inviting folks. 

Thanks

Scott

View solution in original post

saw2112
Community Novice

Since I can't seem to find the message button, can you please add me as a student?

swnager1@dccc.edu

Thanks,

- Sarah W

mmoore1
Community Contributor

Hi @MariaMatheas2 

DM me in this community with your first and last names and your email address, and I will enroll you.

Kelley