cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Disappearing Graphics

I have jpg images which display just fine, then for no apparent reason they disappear, only showing the file name.  Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

279413_pastedImage_1.png

143 Replies
Highlighted

I also just posted in the admin forum... (I are one too Smiley Wink

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/135548-disappearing-graphics

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 12:56 PM sarawells@fuller.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

Highlighted

Thanks, Michael! I am a Canvas admin and also teach courses. I'll open a new ticket, and I'll reference your case number. Thank you for your quick response!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sara,

I opened this thread a while ago. Here's what I know:

- Canvas has told me that they do not monitor the community forums, which I

think is a big mistake - a sign of a company that is not being proactive.

- They ask that we open tickets through our Admins, with a link to the page

and a screen shot of the issue (I use the MS snipping tool)

- If you like, reference my case # 03211628

- They've tried to fix it, but I still see folks posting in this thread.

And i just saw it again a week or so ago.

Good luck... Michael

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM sarawells@fuller.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

Highlighted
Community Member

Is anyone from Canvas monitoring this thread? The graphics issue is clearly an ongoing problem that needs to be addressed by Canvas technicians in a way that far surpasses the advice to clear one's cache. I've loaded graphics directly in a given course, and the issue persists. If someone from Canvas would reply here, that would be helpful. Many thanks for your assistance. 

Highlighted
Community Member

I am having the same issue, it is frustrating to build a site with images and then sometimes images do not load. The images I put into my site are important content, not just decoration. 

Highlighted

There have been attempts, but Canvas asks that you file a ticket through

your system admin... M

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:29 AM c.murphy@gsa.ac.uk <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I was with a professor yesterday and witnessed the disappearing graphics on his course home page in Safari. Clearing cache was required to restore them as per the usual scenario with this issue. These were 4 very small images (less than 50kb). Since the graphics for that course act as the navigation menu this is not a cosmetic issue and I hate to disadvantage the students in this way. This problem actually means that course design will have to reflect concerns about this and be limited, so now we have a bug driving instructional design. And that doesn't even begin to touch on the issue this poses for quizzes. It's not happening in other systems, just Canvas, so it's clearly a Canvas issue.

Highlighted

So, is there any solution to this issue so far? We have a faculty reporting image disappearing again from one of the pages in Canvas.  Thanks. 

Highlighted

Thank you again david_taylor! Fingers crossed Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Surveyor

From the latest release notes:

"Question Bank Images

Images in edited questions associated with a question bank are retained in the quiz question.

Explanation: When a quiz question was added from a question bank, and the question was edited in the quiz, any images in the question were removed. Canvas code has been updated to not remove file verifiers associated with a quiz in edited questions."

I'd been in communication with our CSM and knew this went in last week.  I tested/verified and it appears that the fix works.  If you were seeing disappearing graphics in quizzes due to this error, it should be fixed.