Embed Zoom video and transcript into a Canvas page

Jump to solution
whitney_clay
Community Contributor

I'm looking for html code to embed a lecture recorded to the cloud with Zoom.

The code below gets the video and transcript embedded and working together, but I can't figure out how to get the transcript to scroll within the frame. As it is now, by the time you get to about 1:20, the video and highlighted transcript text are too far away from each other to be on the same screen together. Also, this does not display properly unless the browser window is large enough. If the browser window is too small, the transcript disappears.

<p><iframe style="overflow: hidden;" src="https://zoom.us/rec/play/v8B5f7_9-m83G9ydtwSDCvB4W461Jqys03Id8qJfmku0AiJWZFPwM-QXZOVtOBXEOtPaww-aZnQHmPp9?continueMode=true" width="1200" height="10000"></iframe></p>

To see how it the non-embedded version works when played in the Zoom website, here's the url:

Jim Henderson's Zoom Meeting - Zoom 

2 Solutions

Hi, Karin - 

I think I just messed around with the size until it was the best I could get for my laptop screen (probably not best for a phone or smaller screen now that I think about it, but I didn't test that!). Here's the code I used, which by the way does enable full screen viewing now. I'm not sure the transcript was ever showing actually. Maybe the overflow: hidden part does that? I'm not sure.

<iframe style="overflow: hidden;" src="https://cccconfer.zoom.us/rec/play/tcAvf-n7qTs3EtaTsQSDAfJ-W46_ffis1ScW__ULyEawUHBQNlGhZOYXYeBNs7breWuDaoom16JGWHoO" width="700" height="300" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Good luck!

Kristin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mgutaskus
Community Novice

I cannot take credit for this, but this is the embedded text I use to include transcript and have it flow with your zoom video. No overflow, it's wonderful!

<p><iframe style="overflow: hidden;" src="insert zoom video link here" width="100%" height="500" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" data-mce-fragment="1"></iframe></p>

View solution in original post