Found myself in a predicament...

Jump to solution
apageor2
Community Contributor

Have you ever experienced the creation of a course at the beginning, in my case week 3, and start thinking the direction is slightly off and something is missing?

I have been looking over what was just done in the first two modules and actually considered going back through to update. BUT I'm also shaking my head as I honestly don't wish to take that extreme movement as it would go against the goal for creating the course in the first place. Secondly by doing that type of action it would go against the work hours that was spent from the get go. This is an extreme thought process I've been having the past few days and not sure how to handle it. :smileyconfused:

A thought did come to mind of using these notes that have come about for creating an entirely brand new course. Would that be out of the ordinary? :smileyconfused:

Appreciate thoughts on the above.

Regards,

Sue

1 Solution
dhulsey
Community Champion

If this is a live course in progress, I would forge ahead, using announcements and conversations to "band aid" any oversights in the instructions or content. Students usually don't like to hear that they need to go back and redo something because the instructor revised in the middle of the class.

On the other hand, if this course is in the planning stages, I would go back and revise and revise again because I want students to have the best experience I can provide -- even if that means I stay up until 3 AM on a regular basis.

That is just my two cents, Sue. If you are like me, then if something is off about a course, you won't be happy until you fix it.

What, specifically, is giving you second thoughts?

View solution in original post