cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Print Canvas Quizzes

sultan7rs
Community Member
7 7 6,303

Since Canvas doesn't officially support printing quizzes and printing directly from the browser doesn't properly support all question types, I made a tool (Edustrap) that converts exported quizzes from Canvas into a printable PDFs. I don't believe this'll work for New Quizzes as they can't be exported. Let me know if you encounter any errors, formatting issues or have suggestions.

Select appropriate course from Dashboard or Courses

335764_pastedImage_1.png

Go into Settings (boxed in red)

335765_pastedImage_3.png

Select "Export Course Content" located on the right side (boxed in red)

335768_pastedImage_17.png

Select "Quiz" and uncheck "All Quizzes" then select a quiz (General Chemistry 112 for example)

335770_pastedImage_18.png

You should see "New Export" after it has processed. Click on it to download the file.

335774_pastedImage_21.png

Go to edustrap.com/canvas. You can drag and drop the downloaded file or select from the file menu.

335775_pastedImage_22.png

7 Comments
ttowne
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thank you so much for posting this.  I ran into this issue last semester with a student that I had to have hard copy quizzes for.  I made it work but it wasn't pretty.  I look forward to trying this resource out.

Travis

ericwhitmer
Adventurer

There is also a Chrome Extension that someone in the Community made, take a look at this discussion at what Peter Flickinger shared: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Developers-Group/Print-Canvas-Quizzes-UserScript/ba-p/243044 

ttowne
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thank you.  I will check this out as well.

Travis

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

We've been using the Chrome extension print quiz option - which has served us well - but we just tried this new option and WOW!! Our office now has a favorite new way to print quizzes. Thank you for coming up with this and sharing!!!

Kona

ejackson
Learner II

I'm so glad Kona found this and shared it with me. I just tried it out and the results were beautiful! Much better than the other way I've been using. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Liz Jackson

ericwhitmer
Adventurer

This is a great tool, but I did find one weakness with it, if you have multiple quizzes that you export and upload the Zip file, it will only generate a paper quiz for the first quiz. I thought I'd share this out.

acohen11
Surveyor

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like Edustrap is not functional any longer. Too bad, the tool looked very promising.