cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Incorporating Automatic Video Feedback in Quizzes

I would like to include short video segments in the response feedback within the quiz. For example, a student answers "option b" and it is incorrect. A video is displayed in the response feedback walking them through the correct solution or "missing step" which led them to the incorrect answer. I can use the RTE to embed the video, but when I save the quiz the video is removed (not retained). Does anyone know the cause, or a possible solution?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted

That is a good workaround. Thank you for the suggestion. I do plan to follow up with Canvas Support. In my case, I often set up courses for others, so I limit the external links and resources which would need to be maintained over time.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Could you bypass the quiz feature and embed a Google Form quiz and branch it?

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Side note, in testing this again if you add the LINK to the video and don't embed it then the link will remain. I'd still report this to Canvas Support, but at least this is a work around until you find out more from Support.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just tested this and you are correct, it is stripping out the video. My recommendation is to go to where you are having the problem (possibly even make a video showing what's going on), click on the Help link, and then "Report a Problem."