cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Individual Student Pages

Hello there!  I've been working on a new course.  Has anyone ever developed a course in Canvas where each student has a personal page?  Is it possible to give editing permission to just one student per page?  I see that they can do a wiki-style page, but I wanted to this course to have an ongoing Student Reflection Log where students can each upload videos, images, posts, and files...  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

@Jess81 one technique that I've used is to create groups of 1 then a "Reflective Log" group assignment. This lets each student have all the functionality of the groups space including pages. The students can't see one another's work, but the instructor can jump in to view and to use discussions or announcements to comment, encourage, and direct the student as appropriate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Thanks!  I will try that out!  I've enjoyed using individual student pages with GooglSites Classic, but New Google Sites does not offer page-level permissions so you can only add editors to the entire site!  You now have to make separate sites with separate permissions and then add the link of the sites with differing permissions.  Not very practical!  😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Class Notebook may be an alternative, Office 365 LTI. If not LTI maybe OneNote from O365, with redirect app. Such as Notebook display in course meny. This just som ideas ..  

0 Kudos