cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Instructional designers at InstructureCon

Heading to InstructureCon 2017 for the first time this year. I'm from Sydney, and hoping to meet up with Instructional Designers from all over. Is there usually a group meetup?

15 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

hi Susan! I don't recall any specific meet-up of IDs last year, but there are many (many) IDs at InstCon to bump into. It's a fabulous idea, an ID meet-up. I'm wondering about a social meet-up at a lunch one of the days, sort of a 'HEY! IDs! Come sit over in this part of the field!'  I'll ask my CSM about it - see what could be possible. A word-of-mouth meet-up could work, advertise with Twitter, and maybe get it in a morning announcement. Probably not a room available, but doing a breakfast meet-up or lunch within that block to have a mixer and get to know others, networking, etc. 

Bookmarking this idea! I'll ask Libby on our next call Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Member

Great idea Adrienne.

Highlighted
Learner II

Love this idea, Adrienne.J.Gauthier@Dartmouth.edu! Looking forward to what lkushma‌ has to say!

Highlighted
Community Member

Stay tuned! We're working out the details of an ID meet-up/networking even on Wed, probably during lunch or breakfast. The idea is to get to know some familiar faces and other IDs at the start of InstCon to carry you through the rest of the week and already knowing some peeps.

We'll post back here in Community as well as the ID Community Group and on Twitter using the #InstCon tag.

Adrienne & Whitney

Highlighted
Community Member

Great idea!  I am interested in meeting other IDs.  We just switched to Canvas, and this will be my first IntructureCon.  

Highlighted
Community Member

Instructional design operatives: watch #CovertID channel and Instructional designer meet-up #CovertID  for #InstCon meetup intel

#CovertID Logo

(((This may or may not be available on a decal at the meet-up...details to follow)))

Highlighted
Community Member

I would certainly be interested in attending such a meetup, because I will likely be hiring such a position in the coming months. I have a pile of questions........   

Highlighted
Community Member

IntelPoster

Operation Meet & Greet 
Interrogate as many unique assets as you can to earn your Clearance Level Beta badge or Level 10 CovertID status. Code-breaking may be involved. Special #CovertID swag for certain. 

Who: Instructional Designers

What: Networking event

When: Wednesday, July 26  7:45-8:45am

Where: Decatur Field Breakfast area

Why: #CovertID

How: Sponsored by iDesign   Dartmouth College

ID Meetup Graphic

Highlighted
Community Member

Give a signal if you are rendezvousing for Operation Meet & Greet with other #CovertIDs at #InstCon