cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer

Microsoft Teams

Does this UX/UI look familiar? Canvas? Nope. It's Microsoft Teams which launches today. (A #slack competitor)

skype-teams-2.0.png

38 Replies
Highlighted

Thanks bec.plumbe@sydney.edu.au‌ . There was a mention of more Integration with Microsoft at Canvas Con in Sydney a few weeks back, so fingers crossed this is part of what they are working on.

Highlighted

David, exactly! This was the kind of integration I came here to ask for!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi alward@iastate.edukevin.wagenmaker@montcalm.eduemmanuel.devos@arteveldehs.bejohn.r.boekenoogen-1@ou.edunmduches@volusia.k12.fl.usdavid.amore@carey.com.autlesteves@troy.edu‌ and rgibson1‌ and others..

If you are still interested in this integration and have some time, why not add some comments to this post

Microsoft Teams and Canvas...

Thanks

Gideon

Highlighted

I am also interested in if this option will become an integration or part of the existing one.  I hope this means that there is progress.  Good luck with your training.  

Have a great day!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Leading a training tomorrow at my institution for all users (admin, faculty, etc.) on Teams and wanted to double check that I didn't miss an integration option with Canvas as I recently came across this on a Teams/Microsoft info page: 

----------------

Support rich collaboration and seamless experiences with integrated apps from Office 365 like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote Class Notebook, and education partners like busuu, Canvas, Flipgrid, and Kahoot!

Microsoft Teams Getting Started Guide for Educators - Teams for Education 

----------------

Thought I might be missing something but I can't find anything in Teams or on here. Also not seeing a Kahoot! option. 

Highlighted

We are still collecting information and ideas, so thank you for sharing!

Highlighted

Hi Melissa,

If you're still taking suggestions to Microsoft, I would like to nominate an integration between Assessments in Teams and Canvas Grade book via APIs.

This would allow teachers to use the right tool for the right job when building formative and summative tasks, but importantly, also allow them to keep the grades and feedback in the LMS (Canvas).

thanks, 

David

Highlighted

Although I doubt it is possible (or even desirable) to have 'everything' in the same place, Teams is actually designed to be a hub for communication and to bring things together, as in files from OneDrive, SharePoint, Dropbox, ... and the channels are just like chat. So communication happens with chat and posts instead of mail. It is quite possible by the way to integratie information from Canvas into teams using API's and web services.

Providing and LTI integration with Teams (since there is also an for EDU version) would be very beneficial and I hope something like this will be available soon.

Highlighted

And that's the issue john.r.boekenoogen-1@ou.edu‌ - students want it to be seamless and not have to work from two different locations.

Highlighted
Learner II

We have been using Teams internally for a while now. It seems to be working. Just need to remember to post and check for a post.