New Issues with SCORM Tracking?

dljoyork
Community Participant

I am using SCORM packages imported from Articulate Rise and added to Canvas Modules.  Because we also use Catalog, I have to set module requirements in order for Catalog to track course completion.  I am trying to find the best settings to work with these three systems.

These are "self-paced" courses (with no teacher), so I'd also like the requirements to ensure that students actually complete the SCORM "assignments" as much as possible.  Grade passback only seems to work with certain combos of settings.  So far, I've found two combinations that work, or at least they did until very recently. 

1.  Export the Rise course as SCORM 2004, 4th edition w/ Reporting set to "passed/incomplete."  Import the SCORM package to Canvas set as a graded assignment.  Change the assignment settings to 0 points and complete/incomplete grading.  Set the module requirement to "view the item".  

2.  Export the Rise course as SCORM 1.2 w/ Reporting set to "passed/incomplete."  Import the SCORM package to Canvas set as a graded assignment.  Change the assignment settings to 100 points and complete/incomplete grading.  Set the module requirement to "score at least" 100/100.  

Option 1 was not ideal, as it let the student complete the requirement just by clicking inside the Rise course.  They didn't have to scroll through and complete all the activities.  I was ecstatic when I got option 2 to work because it actually required the student to go most of the way through the Rise course before the requirement would be met.  Unfortunately, as of today, I'm not sure either option is still working.

I got a call from a student last week because he got stuck in the Rise course, even though he had gone all the way through and completed everything.  I had used option 2 with this one, but I ended up changing the requirements back to "view the item" just so he could complete the course.  I just tried testing a course I had set up with option 2 and it didn't work.  I couldn't meet the requirement and I got stuck.  So then I tried changing it back to option 1 and that didn't work either.  I'm no longer convinced either option is working anymore. At least not for me. Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Labels (3)
0 Likes