cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Printing Canvas quiz

A teacher came by today and asked if there was a way to print a quiz. I had never done this before. I found two ways:

1.Click on Preview and print from there but it wouldn't look clean. In a pinch it would work.

1. Preview the quiz and Ctrl+P change your printer to Save as PDF and then print. The result is clean.

Any other ideas?

65 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Will check it out, Kona, thanks!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

tmathew@valpo.k12.in.us, I've been looking at this as a possible option for printing quizzes in Canvas - Paperscorer (there's a free version for educators). I haven't tried it yet to see what types of questions work/don't work with it, but it might be worth checking out. In addition, the new quizzing tool in Canvas does have printing and is currently in Beta. The last I heard it will be released end of this year/early next year.

Highlighted
Community Member

Previewing the Quiz and printing from the browser doesn't look like it will work for Drop-down or matching questions. Should I quit looking for solutions, or should I quit?

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi kendra.jarvis@bcsemail.org​...

You might want to check out the 28 minute 36 second mark of this video: to see what Instructure is working on for printing quizzes.  Also, there is a good discussion happening here: Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine

Highlighted
Community Member

In Chrome I selected Print before and after I selected Preview. Though I didn't print the quiz, the print preview Chrome provides was good enough for me.