Project Management Strategies for Instructional Design Projects

dejonghed07
Community Champion

A colleague and I researched Project Management Strategies for Instructional Design Projects and applied the research to our Course Design and Development processes. She's in Florida, I'm in Michigan, and both of our institutions use Canvas and subscribe to Quality Matters. I thought that our research may be helpful to others in the Canvas Community. By the way: for designers who work at QM institutions and use Canvas, it's exciting that a New Partnership Brings Canvas to Quality Matters.

We placed our research resources into an open Canvas course as we read and discussed the articles, ebook, presentation, processes, and flowcharts and then made the resource course available to the public at bit.ly/ID-PM. If anyone has an instructional design process or flowchart that we can add to the research resources, please share!

We presented our application of the research last month to the ID2ID program sponsored by Penn State and EDUCAUSE. The recorded webinar is included within the research resources. Also, in case it's helpful to anyone, here's our presentation from a pre-conference workshop we facilitated at Quality Matters “QM Connect" last October.

This image shows a sample of the articles and other content available at bit.ly/ID-PM:

bit.ly_ID-PM