Set default grade to 0 for all unsubmitted assignments?

Jump to solution
venitk
Community Champion

I have a class with 70-some assignments. I found this page that describes how to set the default grade to 0 for each assignment How do I set a default grade for an assignment?. Is there a way to do this for the entire class, so I don't have to go into each assignment and set it to 0? And can I do this before I've even graded the assignments?  As an ID, I don't want to try to remind my instructors each term to set the grades to 0 for ungraded assignments; I'd rather do it for them before the course opens.

2 Solutions
kona
Community Champion

@venitk , the only thing I can think of is to download the gradebook and put in a bunch of zeros for everything (which could be done quickly) and then reupload it to Canvas. Granted this couldn’t be done until after the students are added, but otherwise it would technically work. 

View solution in original post

rlbrown21
Community Participant

If you use the new gradebook you can set "late policies" and have zeros automatically entered after the due date of the assignment is passed.  This makes both the grade at the beginning of term not an F, and allows faculty to have to enter zeros manually.  

View solution in original post