Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stop Pre-Processing content

Jump to solution

How do I stop a class content from importing once it is says "pre-processing"

7 Replies
Highlighted

Thank you, kona@richland.edu​, for confirming this behavior. : )

Best wishes,

Bridget

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just double-checked this and yes, you are correct, it does change the course URL/number.

Highlighted

Hi kona@richland.edu​,

We just encountered this "pre processing" issue, so thank you for the tip!

Though using "Reset Course Content" changes the site's URL/course number, yes?

Thank you,

Bridget

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

amanda.taintor@reedleycollege.edu​, I just had an idea and it looks like it will work as long as you don't mind resetting the entire course. Smiley Wink

If you go to the course settings and "Reset Course Content" it will clear everything from the course, including anything that is currently uploading, per-prosessing or queued. I just tested it and it worked perfectly in stopping and removing everything.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

amanda.taintor@reedleycollege.edu, I've never actually seen "pre-processing" appear for very long--but then again, I've never initiated more than one course import at a time, so I'm guessing that in this case the one that shows "queued" was initiated first, and that the three that are pre-processing are waiting until the queued one completes, and then they will go in order. And how long an import takes to tee up will depend on the size of the course being imported.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks! I have a faculty who shows 3 pre-processing statuses and one queued. I am just wondering how many copies of the same documents she will have.

Also, how long will it remain in pre-processing "mode"?  Should I be concerned past a certain time limit?

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

As far as I know, you do not! amanda.taintor@reedleycollege.edu​, I've never had to do this, but if you are still in the pre-processing stage and have a direct telephone line or direct chat access to Canvas Support, you might try getting them on the line quickly to see if they can halt the import.

FWIW, here's the link to the guide that shows the various import statuses: How do I view the status of current and prior course imports?