cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Template for Canvas Homepage?

Now that the Canvas Announcements feature shows announcements on the home page (which we love by the way!), we're starting to rethink our old home page template that we use in every course.  I was wondering if anyone had any new designs they are using that they'd be willing to share?  I've attached a demo of what we currently do.  We're looking to have the instructor's contact info somewhere on the page as well, but we'd like to keep the course navigation box.  stefaniesanders your blog post (https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/designers/blog/2015/04/16/creating-an-inviting-course-home-pa... ) helped us immensely coming up with ideas for the home page in the past.  Are you using Announcements feature at all now? Does anyone have anything that they are using with success?  current homepage template

74 Replies
Highlighted

How did you get your recent announcements at the bottom of the page?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

How did you add the recent announcements to the bottom of your page?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi, we're migrating to Canvas and I am experimenting in my sandbox with a home page for one of the courses I will be teaching in Fall 2020. I created the following page, which looks good on desktop but much better on mobile -- love how Canvas adjusts the format for mobile displays.

Course home page...mobile version.

Highlighted

Thanks Kalli!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Great, thanks Stefanie Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Yaddira,

Is it possible to view/have access to this course?

Thank you,

Gail

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It is the soundcloud banner from canva.com.  2480 x 520 px.  Also I cheat and go into the html after adding it and change the width to 100%.  That will make it expand an contract to fit the size of the screen.

Kalli

0 Kudos
Highlighted

traciebosket, here's the link my Google search unearthed: https://cidilabs.com/ 

Highlighted

You used something named "Design Tools"? Do you happen to have a link to it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi kbink@umn.edu‌,

Do you know what the dimensions of you banner are? I am trying to make a banner that fills the whole width of the screen, but when I do that, the height gets too large. 

0 Kudos